This course introduces users to the fundamentals of Power BI and DAX in a fast paced, hands on and interactive environment. Over the duration of the course students will walk though an end to end solution using a combination of lectures and hands on labs to reinforce concepts. Students will learn how to:
- Import data into a solution, transform and cleanse data using Power Query Editor.
- Build a well-formed data model that is optimized and ready for flexible self-service reporting.
- Enhance the model using by applying introductory DAX
- Once an optimized model is established, the course then moves into building, publishing and sharing visualizations with end users using the various methods available in the Power BI suite of products.
- This course is geared towards Business Analysts, Analysts, Super Users, Power Users and IT users that have a keen interest in learning how Power BI can help them become more efficient data analysts.
- 2 Days – Daily from 8:30am – 4:00pm
- $1099 CAD plus GST Earlybird Pricing
- $1299 CAD plus GST Regular Pricing
- 20% off per attendee for Groups of 3 or more
- Introduction to Power BI manual and sample files will be provided.
- Additional resources are included to enable the student to continue learning Power BI after course completion.
- Students must bring their own laptop to each class for the exercises and demos.
- Students must install the latest version of the Power BI desktop as of class run date prior to the class. This is freely available at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/desktop/
- Students must have a login for the Power BI Service (aka powerbi.com) If a student does not have a powerbi.com account, one may be provisioned by following the instructions at this link https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-signing-up-for-power-bi-with-a-new-office-365-trial
- Introductions and Setup
- Product Overview
- Dive into Power BI Desktop
- Exploring Data Sources
- Importing Data using Power Query
- Modeling Data
- Introduction to DAX
- Other Optimization Techniques
- Visualizing Data using the Desktop
- Other features that enrich the end user experience
- Publishing to the Service
- Dive into Power BI Service
- Visualizing Data
- Building Dashboards
- Sharing Visualizations
- Additional Service Functionality
- Integration with Excel
- Other Power BI Resources
- Power BI Administration Concepts
- Power BI Community Resources
About the instructor:
Chris Sorensen, MCSE (Data Management and Analytics) and MCT is the Founder and President of Iteration Insights Ltd. based in Calgary Alberta Canada. He is a consultant, architect, educator, author and coach that has been working in the Analytics space for nearly 20 years. Over his career, he has provided strategic and architectural advisory services to many clients and most recently he has been involved with leading numerous Power BI and Excel PowerPivot projects. He has evangelized both Excel and Power BI with
Microsoft since July 2015 and is the author of the Microsoft Press Exam Ref 70-779 Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Microsoft Excel.
The class requires a minimum of 5 students and will be capped at a maximum of 16 participants in order to maximize the overall learning experience.
Lunch and Coffee
- Light Lunch is provided.
- Light snacks and drinks will be provided during the morning and afternoon breaks.
- Refunds up to 7 days before event
Need more information?
Contact Chris Sorensen directly at firstname.lastname@example.org