- This event has passed.
Introduction to Power BI and DAX | Virtual 2 Day
June 7, 2021 @ 8:30 am – June 8, 2021 @ 8:00 am MDT
This online, instructor-led Power BI course is your entrance to the world of analytics and dashboarding!
About This Event
The course is focused on introducing users to the fundamentals of Power BI and DAX in a hands-on and interactive environment. Throughout the course, students will be guided through an end to end solution using a combination of lectures and hands-on labs to reinforce concepts. Students will learn how to:
- Import data into a solution, transform, and cleanse data using Power Query Editor.
- Build a well-formed data model that is optimized and ready for flexible self-service reporting.
- Enhance the model using by applying introductory DAX.
- Build, publish, and share visualizations with end-users using the various methods available in the Power BI suite of products.
This course is for Business Analysts, IT Users, and others that are interested in learning how to elevate their data analytics techniques using Power BI. We will teach you how to develop efficient data analytics and further utilize visualizations in your organization.
About the Instructors
Chris Sorensen CPA, CGA, is the Founder and President of Iteration Insights, a tech-enabled data analytics solutions provider based in Calgary, Alberta.
He is a Microsoft Certified Data Analyst Associate and Microsoft Certified Trainer with a combined 20+ years of industry and teaching experience.
Chris provides our partners with the data-driven solutions they seek and has proven capabilities to train and empower their people in analytics. In his career, he has lead numerous Analytics projects in more than 15 industries across small to enterprise-sized organizations.
As an instructor of the Business Intelligence program at SAIT, he plays a significant role in shaping new talent in Calgary’s emerging tech sector. Following his lifelong learning approach, Chris also coordinates both Power Platform and Azure Analytics User Groups, providing a space dedicated to knowledge-sharing and growing Alberta’s tech community. His favourite hashtag is #neverstoplearning.
- $675/Attendee + GST and Eventbrite Fees
- Groups of 2 or more receive a discount of 10% of the currently available ticket price. Please contact us for discount code.
Job Grant Eligibility
Combine this course with our Intermediate Power BI, Power Query, Data Modelling, and DAX and qualify for job grants. Your employer must apply for the job grant before purchasing the course. Visit the links below for more details on how to apply.
- Introductions and Setup
- Power BI Overview
- Dive into Power BI Desktop
- Exploring Data Sources
- Importing Data using Power Query
- Modelling Data
- Introduction to DAX
- Other Optimization Techniques
- Visualizing Data using the Desktop
- Other features that enrich the end-user experience
- Publishing to the Service
- Dive into Power BI Service
- Visualizing Data
- Building Dashboards
- Sharing Visualizations
- Additional Service Functionality
- Integration with Excel
- Other Power BI Resources
- Power BI Administration Concepts
- Power BI Community Resources
Power BI, DAX, Power Query, Data Modelling, Data Visualizations, Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, Toronto, Regina, Vancouver
Filming and Photography may take place; please read our Notice for Filming and Photography for further information.